Child Custody Dilemma - The Move Away Case
The statistics from Census Bureau show us that 28% of all children in America live with one parent. Furthermore, approximately fourteen million Americans move away to relatively distant location each year. As a result, the “Move-Away Case” is one of the most common cases in divorce courts in virtually every state.
A move-away case can have great impact on the life of parents and their children, because it is an unmistakable “winner take all” situation. It will be very difficult for the stay-behind parent to see their children. The children will have to make a difficult choice of picking between their parents. The relationship between the stay-behind parent will permanently change.
If you are facing the move-away dilemma, here are some helpful tips.
1) You should be most concerned about the children’s best interest.
2) Don’t say anything bad to interfere with the relationship between the other parent and the children. Don’t try to make your children hate the other parent.
3) Try to work out a schedule for the other parent to see the children on a regular basis. For instance, if you have to move to other country, you should let your children come back to visit your ex-spouse during the summer break or Christmas.
4) If you want to move, you should make sure that have enough money to support your children after the move.
5) Spend a lot of time with your children. Get involved with your child’s extracurricular activities.
6) Talk to your lawyer. Be sure to exercise all of your visitation rights.
Check Out More Articles:
Child Custody Laws: Can Moms Involved In Webcam Porn win custody?, Is it legal to fake doctor sick notes?, Child Custody Character Reference Letters
Child Custody Parents Vs Grandparents
In 2000, the United States Supreme Court made a landmark decision regarding the visita...
The Court And Child Custody
A child custody proceeding is any case involving child protection,...
Divorce Bankruptcy And Shared Property
When divorce or another life crisis pushes you to file for bankruptcy, it can just add stress to an already stre...
Child Custody Reducing The Trauma
While any divorce can be difficult and painful, it is especially hard when there are children and c...
Legal Separation Faq
A divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a family. It can tear families apart, and leave everyone feelin...
Child Custody Issues 7 Tips
The following advice comes from my heart and my personal experience. I am not a lawyer. I did graduate...
Child Custody Arrangements
During the starting phase of child custody arrangement we need to consider different alternatives regardin...
Child Custody Rights
If you are having a child custody dispute with your ex-spouse, it is in your own interests that you shou...
Child Custody Laws
A divorce is one of the worst things that can happen t...
Domestic Violence And Child Custody
Becoming a witness of domestic violence and growing up in such a volatile and disturbing family envir...